August 7th, 2007 by sunduz
Several Research Assistant and Postdoctoral Associate Positions (posted on 12/31/12):
Our group has openings for several RA and postdoctoral associate positions. The general theme of the projects is developing statistical and computational methods for data from next generation sequencing technologies.
For Postdoctoral Associate positions: send CV, letter of intent, and three references to email@example.com.
For RA positions:
If you are already a Ph.D. student in the Department of Statistics or Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, just send me an email with your CV, a brief paragraph explaining your research interests, and names of 2 professors that I can talk to about you.
- Congratulations to Dr. Pei Fen Kuan who defended her thesis on May 11, 2009.
- Congratulations to Dr. Hyonho Chun who defended her thesis on August 19, 2008.
- Congratulations to Pei-Fen who passed her prelims on July 29, 2008.
- Kevin Eng is one of the International Biometric Society – Eastern North American Region (ENAR) 2008 Distinguished Student Paper Award winners. He has been awarded an ENAR student travel award for his paper: “A linear mixed model for multi-species time course gene expression data” (co-authors S. Keles and G. Wahba). Kevin will present this work at the 2008 Spring Meeting of the ENAR.
- Pei-Fen Kuan won the second prize in the poster competition at First Midwest Symposium on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. Here is Pei-Fen’s award winning poster.
- Kevin and Hyonho also presented at MSCBB. Here are their posters: Kevin’s mixed effects clustering model for multi-species gene expression data; Hyonho’s sparse partial least squares poster.
- Here are pictures from the symposium.
Posted in News |